Wednesday, July 7, 2010

kicked up au gratin




okay...so this is one of those rare nights when I really didn't want to cook. I think it has to do with the fact that my husband has a week off of work. I just wanna lay around with my man all day. Clothing optional. But alas, we got hungry. I had to scour my kitchen for something to eat. I found potatoes and some jalapeno & smoked sausage links. Sounds good so far!!

So i decided to cook, but keep it super easy. I sliced the sausage on the bias and threw it into my saute pan. I chopped some celery and onion and added it to the sausage just til crisp tender, but not fully cooked. While that is browning on the stove, I looked at my potatoes. WHAT ARE YOU!? haha just kidding. I decided to very thinly slice the potatoes (au gratin style) and add some milk and a little half and half. I emptied the rest of the shredded cheese we had in our fridge. I added the sausage and veggies to the potatoes and topped with a little butter. I popped that bad boy into the oven and let it sit at 400* for about 40 minutes. It looked so good!!!! I could not wait to take a bite. Apparently along the way, I over seasoned or spiced it. It was a little too salty for my taste, but my husband said he liked it. I ate it, but it could have used either some more potatoes or cheese or something to counteract the salt. I will know this next time!

And again...as I am just getting used to this whole blog thing, I have forgotten to take pictures of my progress. But I did, however, remember to get a picture of my finished product!

anywho...we now have full bellies and are going to continue laying on the couch watching tv. Again...clothing optional. Gotta love days like these:)

No comments:

Post a Comment